Thursday, July 10, 2008

Right the Male Energy(Shiva) and Left the Female Energy(Shakti) symbolic of the bipolarity of the human body.
Goddess Kali The Time and Death
Tripura Sundari The Beauty Queen of Tantra
Tantric Goddess Tripura Bhairavi

Tibetan Art- Nadi and Chakras
Kundalini Yantra
Tibetan Art- The Siddha Chang Dev Maharaj - a sadhu who rode on a tiger and used a cobra for a lasso.
Tibetan Art- The Nath Siddha Kanipa - seated on a corpse of a vetala(vampire or ghoul)
The Nath Siddha Charpati was one of the first teachers of Hatha Yoga

WESTERN IMPRESSION OF CHAKRAS

The Crown Chakra- Ecstasy
Sadashiva(Eternal Shiva) - Senses & Consciousness
Shiva - Power , Soul & Bliss Vishnu -Wealth , Beauty & Desire
Brahma -Education , Status & Health

Tantric Goddess Lakini- Beauty Queen

Tantric Goddess Dakini-Fierce Female Force

Contact : Akash

3 comments:

Swithin said...

Hello - I think the universe guided me to your site! I was just checking my poetry blog, and I idly cliked on the 'next blog' link...

The significance for me is that despite coming up 60, I'm at a very early stage of a possible Buddhist journey. My partner and I have used tantra to build our relationhsip; and she has been a practising Buddhist for several years now.

What particularly interests me, is 'translating'the Buddhist appraoch for a modern, English audience.

Anyway - just a brief introduction!

Thanks for some great images - Swithin

Anonymous said...

Dear Akash,

Feel free to link to my blog: www.agamayoga.blogspot.com.

Thank you for reading,
Moses.

Anonymous said...

Akash,

I am currently composing an wikipedia article for Sant Changdev Maharaj and came across your posting while searching for the same.

Will it be possible for you to upload the photo from your posting onto wikipedia article?

Thanks in advance.

Kedar B